Friday, August 26, 2011

First 5K(s)

Maggie was just a few days short of 2 weeks old when we ventured out to Afton Alps to watch Craig and our friends Renae and Rachel compete in the Warrior Dash.  It's the first 5K Maggie watched, but even before she was born she participated in a 5K...


Every Thanksgiving Craig and I run the Turkey Day 5K in downtown Minneapolis.  Last year we met up with Renae and Rachel bright and early for the COLD race! I had just been to my first prenatal appointment earlier in the week confirming my pregnancy and  I was 8.5 weeks along for Maggie's first 5K. Here are some pictures of the fun last year!


Burr:

I had on 5 layers on top, 2 pairs of pants, a hat, scarf, and mittens to stay warm.


Here we are after the race, ready to go take hot showers and eat a nice Thanksgiving meal:



This July Craig, Renae, and Rachel were running in the complete opposite weather for the Warrior Dash. It's a 5K race that takes place at a ski hill with several obstacles along the way.  It was a very hot day, but the 3 little pigs finished!

First off here's a little before and after from the race:
After the "Warrior Wash", which was just a fire hose spray down, and a free glass of beer given to all racers-


And here are Maggie and I with our little pig:

No comments:

Post a Comment